1) What is an “active shooter”? Describe some of the characteristics. What are the warning signs of an active shooter?
2) What actions should you take to keep yourself safe in an active shooter situation? What three things will increase your chances of survival during an active shooting situation?
3) Before law enforcement arrives on the scene, who makes the decisions of what you should do in an active shooter situation? Describe why.
4) What actions should you take when law enforcement arrives? How will you know when it’s safe to leave your secured area?
5) There are several ethical dilemmas when faced with an active shooter situation. Describe one potential dilemma and how you will resolve this challenge.