A patient complains of a one-week history of fever, cough, and purulent sputum. The the patient's lungs notes greatly diminished breath sounds in one area is probably an area of consolidation.January 6, 2020
1 pts Question 4 Which of the following is true when dietary Calcium intake is inadequate? Choose all that apply.January 6, 2020
- A 15 year-old client needs lifesaving emergency surgery, but the relatives live an hour away from the hospital and cannot sign the consent form. What is the nurse’s best response? Please provide rationale and reference.
- Send the client to surgery without the consent.
- Call the family for consent over the telephone, and have another nurse listen as a witness.
- No action is necessary in this case because consent is not needed.
- Have the family sign the consent form as soon as they arrive.
- While making rounds, the nurse observes that a client’s primary bag of intravenous (IV) solution is light yellow. The label on the IV bag says the solution is D5W. What should the nurse do first?
- Continue to monitor the bag of IV solution.
- Ask another nurse to look at the solution.
- Notify the healthcare provider (HCP).
- Hang a new bag of D5W, and complete an incident report.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"