As helping professionals, employees in the human and social services field want their client to be successful. They try to interview clients to create a social history, set goals, make recommendations, and refer clients. However, things do not always go as planned. As a human and social services professional, it might be necessary to terminate the client relationship for other reasons, such as the client becoming aggressive towards the professional or other situations such as a client no longer wanting services or moving away which makes it no longer possible for him or her to receive services.
- Review your interviews and documentation related to your Final Project.
- Review Chapter 11 of your Summers text regarding addressing and disarming anger.
- Imagine that before you ended your services with the client, the client displayed some inappropriate confrontation, crisis and/or had an angry outburst in front of you.
- Consider how you would document this in a Termination Summary.
- Although your Termination Summary does not need to follow a specific format, refer to pp. 443-447 in your Summers text for ideas.
For this Assignment
Create a 2-page Termination Summary of your work with your interviewee/client from your Final Project interview and document the progress related to the service plan/goals that you created in Week 10. As part of your Termination Summary, document the inappropriate confrontation, crisis and/or angry outburst incident you imagine could happen. Include what your response and the client’s response might be, that might not be the most appropriate (refer to Chapter 11 for ideas). Then, include a plan for managing this type of crisis in the future.