The purpose of this assignment is to show your understanding of the needs that go into determining financial viability for a large purchase in an organization. You will be creating a PowerPoint presentation to explain and justify a capital purchase to the vice president of your health care organization.
Read the Northwestern Memorial Financial Statement and Vendor Information Sheet.
Students answer the following about the attachments:
After comparing vendors, create a presentation for the capital purchase to your vice president. Address the following:
1. Why would this be a good investment for the hospital?
2. What are the operating costs you took into consideration? Explain.
3. What facility considerations are involved regarding this new piece of equipment? Explain.
4. What is a reasonable ROI? What are the minimum quality standards?
5. What training options would need to occur?
6. Cite a minimum of three references to support your rationale.
The PowerPoint presentation should consist of 15-20 slides, not including the title slide and reference slide. Images may be included in the presentation but be sure to keep all image file sizes low for this presentation. Save images as small files.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.