Write an 8-10 page paper in APA format (not including the cover page and reference page). Please use the APA Sample provided in in the student resources to complete your assignment. You MUST have research from the LIRN with at least three (3) in text citations and at least 4 peer-reviewed scholarly resources.
Written Assignment (Course Learning Project)
The maintenance of products such as aircraft engines is part of a complex supply chain. Distribution centers fulfill orders for spare parts to customers around the world and typically run on a 24/7 basis. Each day, as many as 4,000 different SKUs are shipped out and more than 1,000 SKUs are received in inventory. It is critical that each order be 150% accurate. For example, orders that don’t match the shipping list are returned to the distribution center because of customs regulations.
- If the distribution center has identified inaccurate shipments as a significant problem, explain how the DMAIC process might be applied.
- Develop a logical cause-and-effect diagram for the problem “inaccurate shipment.”
- Think about how a process for fulfilling orders might work and create a process map (You may want to refer to process measurement concepts in Chapter 4).
- Describe the different departments that are likely involved and explain how the managers effectively balance the key components of a Six Sigma implementation design related to who, what, where, when, why, and how it could be done?
- Explain how your solutions demonstrate the idea of enterprise leadership.