Identify and select five literature resources (describing LMSs) to be included in your Technology-Based Learning Compendium. Annotate each literature entry, providing a summary of the article and highlighting the specific main ideas.September 2, 2019
Identify the specific domain related theory concept that supports the use of this activity.September 2, 2019
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the assigned chapter in Introduction to education: Choosing to teach by Krogh. Chapter 7 addresses the changing role of the educator as a result of 21st-century skills and technology. This chapter will also examine various classroom models for the changing role of teachers and students in addition to the advantages and disadvantages of technology in the classroom.
In addition, reading The Power of Technology will help you to understand how technology helps educators manage and lead learning with precision. Viewing Active learning – Technology in the classroom will help you to discover ways in which technology is being utililzed in the classroom from elementary to college.
In your paper,
- Define Digital Divide and analyze three factors which contribute to it.
- Explain at least two short-term and long-term consequences for students who have little/no access to technology.
- Describe the role teachers play in narrowing the digital divide among students.
- Examine strategies teachers can use to minimize the digital divide both inside and outside of the classroom.
While technology has its benefits, not all students have the same kind of access to current hardware and software. This difference in the “haves” vs. the “have-nots” is what we call the digital divide, which emphasizes that, while all students have equal access to attend schools, their education is not equitable.
Introductory Paragraph: Begin with an attention getter—a powerful statement, an intriguing question, or a general overview of the challenges faced those plagued by the digital divide. Develop your ideas and end your introductory paragraph with a thesis using the Thesis Generator (Links to an external site.) found in the Ashford Writing Center. Convey how we can minimize or narrow the digital divide. This thesis should then be supported in the body of your paper.
Body Paragraphs: (Refer to the Body Paragraphs (Links to an external site.) resource found in the Ashford Writing Center.)
- Definition of Digital Divide: Explain the term digital divide in your own words and at least three specific factors that contribute to it. Refer to Chapter 7.4 of your text to support your views.
- Consequences of Digital Divide: Explain at least two negative consequences for students in the classroom who suffer as a result of the digital divide. Consider both short and long term effects for those students who do not have any or consistent access to technology.
- Teacher Role: Describe the role teachers play in narrowing the digital divide among students. Provide two or three examples of how the teacher can minimize the extent of the digital divide both in and outside the classroom.
- Conclusion Paragraph: Return to your most important points from your paper and how they have combined to form your belief about narrowing the digital divide. Emphasize your thesis statement again and bring your paper to a powerful close by leaving the reader with more to ponder or consider. Do not simply restate the introductory paragraph here; the conclusion should reframe your thoughts in a different way.
You have several options in completing this task:
- Write a two- to three-page paper (not including title page or reference page).
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation using the How To Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource found in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Utilize a digital tool such as Prezi, Voicethread, Knovia that is 8-10 slides long (does not include title page slide or reference page slide).
If choosing options b or c, it is strongly encouraged that you provide audio support.
You must include a title page, reference page, introduction and conclusion regardless of which option you choose. Reference Chapter 7 of the course text and at least one additional, scholarly source using the Ashford library. You may find the Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.) resource helpful, found in the Ashford Writing Center. Refer to the Week 4 Template for additional support.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Explain at least two short-term and long-term consequences for students who have little/no access to technology. appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Explain at least two short-term and long-term consequences for students who have little/no access to technology. was first posted on September 2, 2019 at 7:58 am.
©2019 "Nursing Paper
Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"