Preparing a sport facility for an event requires consideration of many elements. For this assignment, you will describe the steps you would take (your event preparation plan) to prepare a facility for an event. Assume that the event is already secured and under contract to take place on a certain date. Then, you will write a three-page paper describing your event preparation plan. Finally, develop a checklist that could be used to ensure the facility is cleaned prior to the event and include the checklist in your paper as an appendix (Appendix A) after the references page. You will be required to supplement your writing with citations from your textbook and at least two articles you locate in the scholarly databases from the online library.
Please contact a librarian at the online library if you are unsure what kind of article is required, or if you need assistance locating an article.
Steps for completing the assignment are as follows:
- Use your textbook and the scholarly databases to identify the various aspects of preparing a sport facility for an event.
- Develop a one-page checklist that your staff could use to ensure that the entire facility (interior and exterior areas) is cleaned prior to the event.
- Read the instructor feedback from the last assignment, and apply it as you write this paper.
- Write the paper. Include in the content your event preparation plan, addressing these seven areas:
- planning for the event,
- training for the event (how staff will be educated and how they will educate the public using the facility on policies and guidelines),
- licensing/permits needed for the event,
- supplies needed for the event,
- cleaning for the event,
- safety for the event (with a focus on emergency management), and
- technology for the event.
- Submit your paper according to the information provided below.
Paper requirements are as follows:
- Write a minimum of three double-spaced pages (plus a title page, reference page, and Appendix A).
- Address the topic of the paper using critical thought. The required information listed above should clearly stand out and be unambiguous. Otherwise, it will be determined to be missing.
- Ensure that all parts of your paper are formatted according to the APA style as detailed in the approved APA manual.
- Include a title page that includes:
- title of paper,
- your name, and
- university name.
- Include an introductory section at the start of your paper.
- Include the following first-level headings:
- Recommended Event Preparation Plan
- Include a reference page as a new page following your paper’s conclusion. Ensure that this page is completed and formatted according to the correct APA style.
- Include as Appendix A your checklist for ensuring the facility is cleaned. This page should follow the references page and be formatted according to the correct APA style.
- Avoid the serious consequence of plagiarism by using your own words and including citations for sources you used.
- As with all discussion board responses and assignments, non-scholarly sources such as Wikipedia and About.com may not be cited in your work.
Fried, G. (2015). Managing sport facilities (3rd ed.). Human Kinetics.