- Female, aged 46 years, gastrectomy for duodenal ulcer 18 months prior to admission. Presented with anemia, weight loss and complaining that her stools were frequent, yellowish, and bulky.
- Laboratory Tests
|Alkaline phosphatase||450||(30-450 U/L)|
|Fecal fat||70||(<21g/3 days)|
|Prothrombin time||28 s||12 s|
- Does this patient have malabsorption? Explain.
- Explain the likely cause for the decreased calcium and phosphate.
- Doe this patient have anemia? Explain.
- Explain the PT result.
- What deficiency can explain the Smear?