This is a take-home, open-book exam consisting of essay questions. Please note the following instructions:
- You are only required to answer three of the four essay questions
- Each essay should be roughly 300 – 600 words in length. This however, is only a guideline, as I grade on content,
rather than length
- Essays should be double spaced with appropriate sized fonts
- All sources must be cited and formatted based on your choice of MLA, APA, or Chicago formats
- All essays must be saved in a single file and uploaded to the D2L final exam dropbox
- All submissions will be processed through D2L’s plagiarism detection software
These essays will be graded in a similar manner as the written assignments. An excellent essay will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- The essay thoroughly addresses all components of the question
- The essay is focused on the topic of the question and contains few to no tangential discussions
- All explanations of specific theorists and concepts are accurate and supported with textual references when
- The essay contains a smooth and logical progression of explanations and arguments
- The overall readability of the essay is not diminished by mistakes of spelling or grammar
- Explain Sayyid Qutb’s concept of jahiliyya. What are the problems with liberalism and liberal societies, according to Qutb? What does his ideal Islamic society look like?
- What is a “vanguard party” and why it is necessary, according to Lenin? How does Lenin’s understanding of theproletariat revolution differ from Marx’s? Explain how Mao reconceptualized class antagonism and revolution on an international scope.
- Compare and contrast the major components of Black Integrationist and Black Nationalist approaches. Explain how each of these approaches offer different criticisms of liberalism. What does the ideal society look like from each of these perspectives?
- “Believe, Obey, Fight!” was a popular slogan for Italian fascism under Mussolini. Explain the importance of each ofthese components (spirituality, authority, and action) for fascism.
essay questions 1,3 and 4 will be done. No plagiarism!!! Please follow instructions!