Chapter 12: Project Quality Planning and Project Kick-off.
This chapter is the last planning chapter. It covers project quality planning as well as baselining the project management plan and formally kicking off the project. After completing this chapter, each student should be able to perform the following:
- Define each core project quality concept and explain why each is vital in planning and managing projects.
- Explain what may be included in a project quality management plan.
- Compile a complete project management plan, including all parts covered in the last several chapters.
- Baseline your complete project plan in Microsoft Project.
- Describe the major contributions to contemporary project quality made by each of the quality gurus and by TQM, ISO, and Six Sigma.
- Kick off a project with effective pre-meeting preparation, a kickoff meeting, and documentation.
- Develop a quality-conscious approach to managing project activities and decisions.
Reflection and Discussion Forum:
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- In your own experience, have you seen companies integrate quality within their project planning processes? If so, how and when have they done so? If not, do you think it would have been more beneficial to address quality in one area of the overall project plan or continuously throughout the plan?
- Give some examples of common and special cause variation that you have witnessed. Which of these causes of variation can be addressed through continuous improvement?
[Your post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion].
[Your post should be at least 500+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
[Your posting should be completed by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. EST.]