Time for a quick journey into your past. Think back to a time when your family (or a family you know) set a special goal for the year (or you can use a goal for this current year). In a 1-2 page paper, answer the following questions about the family goal. Using complete sentences, write one short paragraph per question.
- What is the special family goal for the year?
- Why do you think this has become the special family goal for the year?
- Why do you think family members are motivated to reach this goal?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how intensely does each family member seem to desire this goal? If there are differences in motivation, how do you explain this?
- In your mind, what is one value behind this family goal? What type of value would you say this is and why? (Refer to this module’s Lesson Content).
- How do other family goals relate to this main family goal? Include an example.
- What resources are needed in order to reach this family goal?
- Approximately how long will it take for the family to obtain this goal?
- What suggestions can you, as an education professional, provide the family about reaching the family goal?