ethical principlesApril 8, 2019
Social networking sites and hiring.April 8, 2019
This assignment introduces policy and how a policy is formed in Congress. You will learn how policy is developed, what influences policy and the process of policy. Also, a beginning reading will cover governmental structure: the federal constitution, the branches of government, the federal budget process and state constitution. The student will identify and give an overview of a current bill. Also, the current bill should be correlated to the reading in Chapter 1 and 2 of Porche. It is important understand the continuum of policy at its inception to instituting policy.
This assignment does not necessarily require a journal or a news article. You can find a current healthcare bill that is being discussed in congress (there are many) by going to https://www.govtrack.us/ or https://www.congress.gov/.
Upon successful completion of this assignment you should be able to:
- Define and identify types of policy.
- Discuss influencing factors to policy decision-making.
- Explain the components of the policy cycle.
- Review the overview of the government structure.
- Identify the three primary functions of the United States Constitution.
- Research a current health care bill/policy that is being discussed in Congress.
- Incorporate the making of a policy reading into the overview of the bill that was chose
- Navigate to the threaded discussion and respond to the following:
- Read Chapter 1 and 2 of Health policy.
- Find a bill regarding policy making in Congress. this should be a healthcare policy being discussed.
- Give an overview of the bill specifies. Relate this to what you are read in Chapters 1 and 2 of Health Policy.
- Discuss how this policy might affect health care in the future.
- Make sure this policy is not too broad so you are not able to fully comprehend the impact of passing the policy.
- Who are the key players?
- What is the next step for the bill?
- Be sure to address three of the assignment’s outcomes listed above in your post.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"