Baack, D., Reilly, M., & Minnick, C., & (2014). The five functions of effective management (2nd ed.). San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc. Retrieved from http://content.ashford.edu
“”””This is the assignment”””””””.
Case Study: Opening Your New Dunkin Donuts Locations
Assumption and Context: You have been the manager of a Dunkin Donuts store in the Midwest for the past two years. The store is owned by a Dunkin Donuts franchisee who owns 20 other Dunkin Donuts locations. Your employer took an employee inventory and examined all current employees. It has been noted by the owner that you have a highly successful track record. You have been recognized for doing an exceptional job staffing, leading, training, coaching, and managing people. You have been recognized for successfully managing all key components of your store and have successfully managed key business drivers such as cash, profits, growth, asset utilization and people. In regards to the metrics that are used to measure their stores for sales, quality, and customer service, your store is the top performing store in their system.
Congratulations! You have just been promoted to District Manager! The Dunkin Donuts franchisee sees your growth potential and the growth potential in your geographic area. The owner now has committed significant capital and plans to open five new locations over the next two years. You will be given complete autonomy, authority, and responsibility to structure, staff, and operate these five new locations. You will be playing a key role in this expansion for growth.
Assignment: Prepare a five-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages), including at least three scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook, formatted according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In your paper, explain your chosen job design, organizational design, your recruiting strategy and methods, and your training and performance appraisal process as the new District Manager for Dunkin Donuts.
You must organize your paper using the following section headings and include additional section headings as needed:
2. Job Design
3. Organizational Design
4. Recruiting and Selection
5. Training and Performance Appraisals
This is the grading cuberic from the instructor
1. Organization: Introduction, Thesis Statement, and Conclusion
2. Total: 2.00
3. Distinguished – The paper is well organized with the introduction that provides sufficient background on the topic, thesis statement, and the conclusion that is logical, smoothly flows from the body of the paper.
4. Explains the Chosen Job Design
5. Total: 2.00
6. Distinguished – Provides a comprehensive and expertly crafted explanation of the chosen job design that identifies the standard approach to job design presented in chapter 3: (a) job analysis, (b) job description and (c) job specification.
7. Explains the Chosen Organizational Design
8. Total: 2.00
9. Distinguished – Provides a comprehensive explanation of the chosen organizational design. Effectively applies course concepts to this explanation.
10. Explains the Recruiting and Selection Methods
11. Total: 2.00
12. Distinguished – Provides a complete and thorough explanation of the recruiting and selection methods. Effectively applies course concepts to the explanation.
13. Critical Thinking: Evidence
14. Total: 1.00
15. Distinguished – Employs persuasive and applicable information from credible sources to develop an ample analysis or synthesis of the topic. Viewpoints of experts are scrutinized thoroughly.
17. Reading: Analysis
18. Total: 1.00
19. Distinguished – Appraises tactics for relating ideas, text structure, or other textual features in order to gain knowledge or insight within and across texts and disciplines.
20. Written Communication: Control of Syntax and Mechanics
21. Total: 1.00
22. Distinguished – Displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Written work contains no errors and is very easy to understand.
23. Written Communication: APA Formatting
24. Total: 1.00
25. Distinguished – Accurately uses APA formatting consistently throughout the paper, title page, and reference page.
26. Written Communication: Page Requirement
27. Total: 0.50
28. Distinguished – The length of the paper is equivalent to the required number of correctly formatted pages.
29. Written Communication: Resource Requirement
30. Total: 0.50
31. Distinguished – Uses more than the required number of scholarly sources, providing compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the reference page are used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
The post Prepare a five-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages), including at least three scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook, formatted according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In your paper, explain your chosen job design, organizational design, your recruiting strategy and methods, and your training and performance appraisal process as the new District Manager for Dunkin Donuts. appeared first on Homework Handlers.