Discuss the biomedical ethical principles proposed in the Belmont Report and the application of each of these principles to biomedical research and practiceApril 9, 2019
How a Bill Becomes a LawApril 9, 2019
Counseling professionals from different specializations frequently need to work together to provide effective services to students, families, and individual clients. For the following assignment, select the case of either Ashley or Paul, below, and use the case as a foundation for addressing, in 2–3 pages, the questions that follow.AshleyAshley, a 12-year-old girl, admits to one of her teachers that she feels very depressed. Her mother has recently remarried, and Ashley is having difficulty adjusting to life with her stepfather and his two children. She is not able to concentrate in class or do her homework.PaulPaul, a 32-year-old man, seeks counseling at a community mental health center. He has recently returned from his third deployment to a combat zone. He reports drinking frequently and feeling anxious. Paul’s wife has tried to reassure him that everything is fine, but he is reluctant to leave the house and has missed more than a week of work.Questions
- Provide a brief historical perspective of the counseling profession focused on the key philosophies of wellness, resilience, and prevention.
- Identify your preferred counseling specialization and describe how the specialization emerged or the profession developed.
- Identify another counseling specialization that might work well in collaboration with your preferred specialization, and explain the history of how this other specialization developed.
- Analyze how professionals from these two specializations might collaborate to benefit Ashley, Paul, or either of their families.
- Describe the role and function of each of the professionals.
- Identify the characteristics that make each role unique and make them effective counselors.
- Imagine you are leading the team to help this student, family, or individual client. Assess how to ensure good collaboration and communication between the team members both inside an agency or school and with other agencies or organizations. Provide specific examples of strategies to use to illustrate your ideas.
Include references to the professional literature to support your work.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"