This paper will need to synthesize an overview of the major theories relating to the pathology of a disorder, as well as provide a detailed discussion of the etiology (causes) and clinical interventions, using research to support your analysis. Your topic will be Schizophrenia Disorder.
The emphasis of this paper will be on the neuroscience aspects of the disorder, to include the following:
· Explain the theories of etiology (causes) of the disorder with a focus on the neurobiology of the disorder.
· Explain associated factors in development of the disorder (genetic, environmental, familial, lifestyle).
· Describe the pathology of the disorder with an emphasis on the abnormalities of nervous system structure and function (brain structures, neural pathways, neurotransmitter/receptor systems), including any genetic and biochemical aspects.
· Give examples of treatment options including both drug (pharmacological) and non-drug (pharmacological treatments), with rationales for use of these treatments based on current understanding of the neurobiology of the disorder.
· Summarize diagnostic and research technologies employed in clinical diagnosis, clinical and behavioral health care, and basic science research.
Your references should include a minimum of six to eight peer-reviewed and/or scholarly sources, which provide evidence-based information regarding the biological and psychological features of the disorder and were published within the last five years. At least four of your references should be peer-reviewed publications of original research studies. To justify your assertions, provide in-text citations for all factual statements taken from your research, with corresponding references drawn from scholarly sources. All citations and sources are to be documented according to APA style and should support and enhance your analysis of the selected disorder. Sources may include review articles, original research articles, information from governmental agencies (e.g., National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control, Food and Drug Administration, Drug Enforcement Administration) and/or professional societies (e.g., professional society position papers or clinical practice guidelines).
· Must be a minimum of 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· Must use scholarly or peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.