EDUC 1006: CHILD, FAMILY, AND COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS Week Three Content ReviewJuly 29, 2019
Paraprofessional CaseJuly 29, 2019
Teachers who use the SIOP Model effectively plan, write, and teach their lessons while connecting them to the standards and accommodating for different ELP levels. After reading the “SIOP Teaching Case Study,” record each of the SIOP components and at least two features from each component on the “SIOP Teaching Model” worksheet.
In addition, record on your worksheet how the teacher used the following within this lesson:
- Lesson Preparation: Content and language objectives, content concepts appropriate for age, supplementary materials used, adaptation of content for all student proficiency levels, meaningful activities that integrate lesson concepts with language practice.
- Building Background: Concepts linked to students’ background experiences, links explicitly made between past learning and new concepts, key vocabulary emphasized.
- Comprehensible Input: Speech appropriate for students’ proficiency levels, clear explanation of academic tasks, and variety of techniques to make content concepts clear
- Strategies: Ample opportunities for students to use learning strategies, scaffolding techniques consistently used, a variety of questions or tasks the promote higher-order thinking.
- Interaction: Frequent opportunities for interaction and discussion, grouping configurations support language and content objectives, sufficient wait time for student responses, ample opportunity for students to clarify key concepts.
GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post SIOP appeared first on essay associates.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
SIOP was first posted on July 29, 2019 at 4:42 pm.
©2019 "Essay Associates". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"