This assignment asks you to now put your ideas together in your vision as a practitioner-scholar:
- Your purpose in psychology.
- Your meaningful goals.
The assignment also provides the opportunity to receive feedback from your instructor to help you further clarify your vision of your future in the field of psychology. Complete the following:
- Review the answers you provided in the Your Vision as a Psychology Practitioner-Scholar Worksheet, if you had chosen to complete the optional worksheet.
- Review your formatted assignment in the Your Vision as a Psychology Practitioner-Scholar Template one last time to complete any last refinements.
- Review the Your Vision as a Psychology Practitioner-Scholar Scoring Guide one last time to make sure you meet all the requirements for your assignment.
As you write this assignment, consider the following:
- Purpose: The purpose of your vision is to create an inspirational and realistic description for how you want to contribute to your specialized field of psychology based on your passions and interests.
- Primary Audience: Because this is a personal vision statement for your future career, you are your primary audience. Envision yourself in a time where you are frustrated and want to throw in the towel. What would help you remember your purpose and inspire you to continue moving forward towards your vision?
- Secondary Audience: Your vision should also be clear to other people (such as family, friends, and your instructor) so you can share it with them and receive support in achieving it.
- References: Reference any supporting documents you used to create your vision.
- Assignment Requirements: Be sure to comply with the requirements stated below.
Your writing in this assignment should not just be a collection of notes, lists, or questions and answers. Instead, it should be a well-organized discussion that flows logically from one idea to the next.
Complete the following in your assignment template:
- Role as a Practitioner-Scholar: Draw from your previous study of the practitioner-scholar model to answer the following:
- In your own words, explain McClintock’s scholar-practitioner model.
- Reference Capella’s Learning Model Quick Reference and Examples to compare the differences between the levels of practitioner-scholar and scholar-practitioner.
- What will it mean to you to be a practitioner-scholar? Explain how the practitioner-scholar model can help guide you in developing the knowledge and skills that you will need to reach your professional vision and goals.
- Be sure to cite your sources.
- Vision: In response to feedback you have received and the evolution of your ideas since you began, and in light of what you have learned about the practitioner-scholar model, revise and refine the vision statement that you developed in the previous two units so it is as personally meaningful as possible. This statement should articulate how your passions and interests connect to a specialization in psychology. Note: It may be useful to update your Articulating Your Purpose activity to help support these revisions.
- Goals: Review the long-term educational, career, and life goals that you identified as relevant to achieving your vision. In response to feedback you have received and the evolution of your ideas since your earlier drafts, revise, expand, refine, and consolidate your goals as needed.
- Identify significant milestones for each goal. Be sure that your goals and milestones are:
- Discuss the reasons for each goal and milestone.
After completing a draft of the previously outlined sections of your paper, draft these sections in the assignment template:
- Title page in APA format.
- Abstract: A concise summary of every main point in the paper.
- Introduction: A concise overview of the paper’s content.
- Conclusion: A concise summary of important points of the paper, explaining the benefits of achieving your future career vision and becoming a practitioner scholar in the field of psychology and the importance and relevance of your vision and goals to your personal and professional aspirations.
- References in APA format.
For more information, see the Your Vision as a Psychology Practitioner-Scholar Template in the resources.
Example assignment: You may use the assignment example, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Template: Use the Your Vision as a Psychology Practitioner-Scholar Template to format your assignment.
- Length: 3–4 typed and double-spaced content pages in Times New Roman 12-point font. The title page, abstract, and reference list are not included in this length.
- References: Include a minimum of three references from scholarly literature. All references need to be cited in-text, according to current APA standards. Remember that citations are to support your thoughts, not take the place of them!
- Written communication: Must be clear, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax and with good organization.
- Writing style: APA expectations for scholarly writing include the use of third-person narrative, unless it is awkward to do so. However, because you are talking about yourself in this paper, you may write in the first person.
- APA formatting: Must be formatted according to APA style and formatting and include a title page, abstract, and reference list. Note that these three elements are not counted toward the length of your assignment.
The post This assignment asks you to now put your ideas together in your vision as a practitioner-scholar appeared first on homeworkhandlers.com.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post This assignment asks you to now put your ideas together in your vision as a practitioner-scholar appeared first on Homework Handlers.
This assignment asks you to now put your ideas together in your vision as a practitioner-scholar was first posted on August 30, 2019 at 9:34 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Paper
Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"