TOPIC: Write an original research report consisting of one of the following topic areas: 1) Traditional Hierarchy organization; 2) Holacratic organizations 3) Virtual Organizations, 4) Network Organizations, 5) Spin-out Organizations, 6) Ambidextrous Organizations, 7) Front-Back Organizations, 8) Sense and Response Organizations.
1. The final Research Report has a due date of 4/15/2018.
2. This assignment is worth 100 points (20% of the course grade).
3. The assignment must be submitted via the associated assignment queue located in Moodle.
4. Each student submission will be checked for plagiarism. Warning… Turnitin has a very good historical memory and is capable of accessing reports from both internal and external resources (i.e. Universities, Governments, etc.) including those originally written in non-English languages.
5. Only one submission attempt is permitted – BE SURE BEFORE YOU HIT ENTER. Plagiarism will result in a grade of zero (non-negotiable) for the assignment and may results in other university actions. The department chairperson will be notified of the violation. Additional CU penalties may be applicable.Please see class syllabus for additional details.
6. Acceptable file formats for submissions include Microsoft Word (doc, docx) or Adobe Acrobat (PDF). No other formats are acceptable.
7. The research paper must be at least 2,500 words supported by evidence (citations from peer-reviewed sources).
8. A minimum of four (4) peer-reviewed journal citations are required.
9. Formatting should be double-spaced, one-inch boarders, no extra space for headings, no extra white space, no more than two levels of heading, page numbers, front and back matter (do not count for page count).
10.Extra white space use to enhance page count will negatively affect student grade.
11.Focus for the research paper:
a. Describe, compare / contrast, and evaluate two (2) organizational types as previously listed. Supporting evidence must be provided via Case Studies found in peer-reviewed journals (URLs, technical journals, and internet articles are NOT permitted).
b. The implementation of the first organizational type you selected from previously listed, that was essentially successful
c. The implementation of the first organizational type you selected from previously listed, that had significant “challenges”
d. The implementation of the second organizational type you selected from previously listed, that was essentially successful
e. The implementation of the second organizational type you selected from previously listed, that had significant “challenges”
f. Perform a comparative analysis of items “b”, “c”, “d”, and “e” as above.
g. Be sure to include your analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of the two organizational types selected. Student submissions must be anchor in peer reviewed literature.Opinions are not evidence and this do not count…
12.As a graduate student, you are expected to be proficient in the use of the English language. . As your professor, I will not provide remedial help for writing problems. If you are unable to write clearly and correctly, I urge you to contact the program office for sources of remedial help.
13.Please refer to the BA634 class syllabus for additional details.
Some students have asked for a sample or recommended outline. While I cannot provide samples of previous work, I have provided a general outline that you may refer to. The outline below may only be used as a very general guide and is “NOT” a subject that can be selected. Also, keep in mind the research paper needs to be scholarly and derived from peer-reviewed literature. Citations are required.
The following outline (unrelated to the subject matter of the research report) may help in your understanding of the research report via analysis & synthesis.
a) Introduce the 2 DB implementations plans. Add history and relative significance of each consumer and DB products.
b) One implementation should be a database that was essentially successful.
c) The second implementation should be a database that had significant “challenges”.
d) What type of research papers was used (case study, empirical, etc.)?
2) Describe, compare/contrast, and evaluate two (2) database – ANALYSIS
a) What is the problem driving the implementation? What is ‘going wrong’ or what ‘problem’ was expected to be addressed?
b) What were the implementation requirements
ii) Project requirements
iii) DB requirements
iv) Planed resources & time expectations
c) What were the risks and impact if the implementation failed?
3) Provide a SYNTHESIS of the 2-implementation plans.
a) What specific issues addressed by article X were also addressed in article Y, and how do they compare?
b) What issues addressed by article X (or Y) may have been addressed by an alternate solution?
a) What does your evidence show?
a) What make one DB implementation a success and the other have significant challenges?
b) What mitigating factors were, or should have been, considered?
a) Future investigation
7) Reference List