Summarize a current event topic of your choosing that relates to chapter readings for class discussion. Your current event topic can come from any credible news source (ex: Wall Street Journal, The Economist, New York Times, Bloomberg News, CNN, CSPAN, broadcast news, etc.), but your chosen current event topic must be in the news in the last seven days AND relevant to what you are reading this week. Do NOT use an article from a peer-reviewed journal as your “current event,” even if published within the last year (although you may cite such an article in your abstract to provide further context for the current event topic.) Respond to at least two of your peers’ abstract posts, proceeding just as you would in any discussion forum.Participation Requirements:Consult the grading rubric in the Faculty & Course Info section for the grading criteria.Initial current event summary/abstract post:
- Create a thread for your abstract identified with your name and current event topic (ex: Anne Smith: Kobe Steel Scandal)
- Include date and source of current event topic in your summary
- Prepare a quality, substantive post that addresses the objectives of the discussion forum and the expectations set forth in the grading rubric
- Include supportive evidence; such as direct applicable experience and expert sources.
- Due no later than Wednesday, 11:59 pm, CT
Responses to discussion forum posts:
- Prepare and post substantive responses to at least two peers by Friday, 11:59 pm, CT
- Continue to remain engaged in substantive discussion with peers and the instructor throughout the week and weekend, ending Sunday, 11:59 pm, CT
- Ensure that continuing participation meets the expectations set forth in the grading rubric.