For this assignment, select a government entity of your choice, such as a town or community, and develop two deliverables – a paper and a video overview that explain how the organization conducts its budget process.
Be sure to include the following in your paper:
- Statements of mission, values, policy goals, and objectives
- Process steps and milestones
- Revenue sources, including usage charges and fees
- Budget lines and fund accounting principles
- Clients and groups (also referred to as “stakeholders”) and interest groups
- Organizational charts, or if none are available, the titles and role descriptions of the individuals in charge of the budget process
Data may be collected through government documents, newspaper articles or videos, peer-reviewed research papers, legislative hearings of executive statements, and other official records.
Conclude your paper with a personal assessment of the effectiveness of the governmental body’s approach to budget management with regard to public satisfaction, professional accounting, and budgetary standards.
You will also prepare a video (using Kaltura or another video recording software) in which you introduce your selected government entity and describe your interest in this subject.
Please address the following questions in your video:
- How will this course support your career aspirations?
- What relevant background do you have in budgeting and finance?
- Why are you interested in studying this government entity?
Length: 5 to 7-page paper, not including title and reference pages; and a 2 to 3-minute video.
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.