Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from Neukrug, E. S., & Fawcett, R. C. (2015) and/or Encyclopedia of Counseling (2017). Assignments should adhere to graduate-level writing and be free from writing errors. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that are current. I have attached examples and expectations, so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the assignment. I need this completed by 01/31/20 at 5pm.
Assignment – Week 10
Ethical, Legal, and Professional Standards in Assessment
In this Assignment, you will consider the ACA’s Code of Ethics and how these practices impact assessment. This professional code identifies your responsibilities and the practices you must adhere to for the benefit of your clients, your colleagues, and your community.
- Review ACA’s Code of Ethics website found in the Learning Resources and consider how they apply to your professional development.
- Review and use the Corey, Corey, Corey, and Callanan Ethical Decision-Making Model from the course text on p. 28 to process the cases on p. 37 by including each step.
- Review Exercise 2.2 Making Ethical Decisions (p. 37), choose two to review and process through the Model, answering each question.
- Review the five cases
- Select two of the situations in Exercise 2.2 in the text to discuss. Complete the eight steps provided in the course text from the Ethical Decision-Making Model on p. 28 for both of the situations you chose. You do not need to answer the questions at the end of each submission in Exercise 2.2. Take the point of view of what YOU need to do as an ethical counselor, and consider ALL perspectives in the situation, not just one person’s perspective.
- In one page each, identify the cases you selected and include your responses to the steps of the model on p. 28 for each situation (Note: Two pages not including title or reference page).
- On page 3, add a summary paragraph or two that shares your personal challenges with addressing the ethical issues in the assignment.
- Use proper APA formatting and citations.
Neukrug, E. S., & Fawcett, R. C. (2015). Chapter 2: Ethical, legal, and professional issues in assessment. In The essentials of Testing and Assessment: A practical guide for counselors, social workers, and psychologists (pp. 21-41). Stamford, CN: Cengage Learning.
Neukrug, E. S., & Fawcett, R. C. (2015). Appendix B: Assessment sections of ACA’s and APA’s Code of Ethics. In The essentials of Testing and Assessment: A practical guide for counselors, social workers, and psychologists (p.308). Stamford, CN: Cengage Learning.
Association for Assessment in Counseling. (2012). Standards for multicultural assessment. Retrieved from http://aac.ncat.edu/Resources/documents/STANDARDS%20FOR%20MULTICULTURAL%20ASSESSMENT%20FINAL.pdf
Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development. (1996). AMCD multicultural counseling competencies. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/Resources/Competencies/Multcultural_Competencies.pdf
Dadlani, M. B., Overtree, C., & Perry-Jenkins, M. (2012). Culture at the center: A reformulation of diagnostic assessment. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 43(3), 175–182.
Ibrahim, F. A. and Dykeman, C. (2011), Counseling Muslim Americans: Cultural and Spiritual Assessments. Journal of Counseling & Development, 89, pp. 387–396. doi:10.1002/j.1556-6676.2011.tb02835.x
Richards, P. S., Bartz, J. D. and O’Grady, K. A. (2009), Assessing Religion and Spirituality in Counseling: Some Reflections and Recommendations. Counseling and Values, 54, pp. 65–79. doi:10.1002/j.2161-007X.2009.tb00005.x.
Wapner, J. (2017). Revisiting a disturbing study of human psychology reveals our willingness to obey and to inflict pain. Newsweek. Retrieved from http://www.newsweek.com/new-milgram-experiments-same-results-569103.