A community health assessment (sometimes called a CHA), also known as community health needs assessment (sometimes called a CHNA), refers to a state, tribal, local, or territorial health assessment that identifies key health needs and issues through systematic, comprehensive data collection and analysis. Community health assessments use such principles as
- Multisector collaborations that support shared ownership of all phases of community health improvement, including assessment, planning, investment, implementation, and evaluation
- Proactive, broad, and diverse community engagement to improve results
- A definition of community that encompasses both a significant enough area to allow for population-wide interventions and measurable results, and includes a targeted focus to address disparities among subpopulations
- Maximum transparency to improve community engagement and accountability
- Use of evidence-based interventions and encouragement of innovative practices with a thorough evaluation
- Evaluation to inform a continuous improvement process
- Use of the highest quality data pooled from and shared among, diverse public and private sources
(Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/cha/plan.html)
“A windshield survey is an informal method used by community health nurses to obtain basic knowledge about a given community. It provides a subjective view of the various physical characteristics of a communal area as observed while driving or walking through a neighborhood.
- Community description.
- Community health status (can be obtain from the department of health).
- The role of the community as a client.
- Healthy people 2020, lading health indictors in your community.
Also, you must present a table as an appendix with the following topics and description;
Race and ethnicity
Religion and politics
As stated in the syllabus please present your assignment in an APA format word document, Arial 12 font attached to the forum in the discussion board title “Week 1 discussion questions”. A minimum of 2 evidence-based references are required (not counting the class textbook) no older than 5 years. A minimum of 1000 words are required. Make sure the assessment is based in the community where you live. I don’t want community health assessment from other communities, once again it must be from the community you live. Please mention the zip code of your community on the first page of the assignment.
Well for me the most important is that the essay has 0% plagiarism. If you want I can send you an sample of this essay . Made sure with world and grammar. Thanks for help me. Have a great day
Hi, again, I live in Miami, Fl this is important aspect