For this assignment you will write paper explaining how you would apply the sociological perspectives to explain a social phenomenon.
Use information from throughout the course to complete the following written assignment:
Use one of the three sociological perspectives (functional, conflict, or symbolic interaction) to explain one of the following social phenomena.
- Bureaucracies: Why do we have bureaucracies in the public or private sectors?
- Education: Why do we have schools?
- Illegal Drug Use: Who are more likely to use illegal drugs? What happens to various categories of users?
- Poverty: Why does poverty exist?
- Prejudice: Why are some people prejudiced against others?
- Prisons: Who are more likely to end up in prison and why?
- Wage Gap: Why does the wage gap still exist?
- War: Why has the United States been involved in so many wars around the world?
- Your paper should be at least two, double-spaced pages in length, in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 point type.
- Organize your paper in three separate paragraphs.
- The first includes a summary of the perspective, using the exact sociological terminology.
- The second includes the application of the perspective to the selected topic, providing specific examples.
- The third includes your own viewpoint, analysis, comments, or argument about how that perspective explains the discussed issue.
- You will need to cite your references using APA.
- Save your document as lesson9_paperYourName.doc or lesson9_paperYourName.docx.
- Be sure to reference course materials and other resources correctly. You must cite your sources to receive full credit for this assignment.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
Why do we have bureaucracies in the public or private sectors? was first posted on July 29, 2019 at 10:34 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org